Chinese government special scholarship(postgraduate program of SJTU 2012)
In order to develop outstanding international talent and improve the perception of China's higher education, under the mandate of the Ministry of Education, Shanghai Jiao Tong University is opening application for full-time postgraduate studies under the 2012 Chinese Government Scholarship Program.
In order to facilitate the implementation of the Chinese Government Scholarship, the following detailed implementation has been issued in accordance with the "Chinese Government Scholarship Application Method".
- Scholarship Availability: 25
- Application Deadline: March 15, 2012
- Qualifications for Scholarship Application:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health;
- Applicants should be graduates of well-known overseas or Chinese universities, or those universities that have established exchange programs with Shanghai Jiao Tong University. Applicants should have excellent academic performance; or should be a student from overseas university recommended by a Shanghai Jiao Tong University professor;
- Applicants should not be a student of Chinese University (except for those who graduated from Chinese university for one year or longer)
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master's degree studies must have bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35;
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master's degree and be under the age of 40;
- Applicants should not be holding scholarship of any other categories.
- Categories of Applicants and Duration of Scholarship:
- Master's Degree Students, 2-3 academic years
- Doctoral Degree Students, 3-4 academic years
- The instruction language could be either Chinese or English. Applicants who apply for courses instructed in Chinese are required to take one year Chinese language course prior to the academic study if their Chinese is not qualified. Only by passing the examinations after the Chinese language course, could they start their academic studies.
- Scholarship students should complete their study within the due time; scholarship duration specified in the admission notice CAN NOT be extended in principle.
- The scholarship quota is only for academic year 2012/2013, and it cannot span two academic years.
- Values of Scholarship:
- Students are exempt from tuition fee, fee for learning materials and fee for dormitory on campus;
- A living stipend is provided(Master's degree students 1700RMB/month, Doctoral degree students 2000RMB/month);
- New arrival one time set up subsidy 1500RMB/person;
- To provide out-patient medical fees and Chinese Government Scholarship Foreign Students Medical Insurance 600RMB/person/year.
- Note: For details, please consult Chinese Government Scholarship Council webpage at www.csc.edu.cn.
- Application for Area of Study:
All Chinese-taught and English-taught programs are open to international students. (Except for MBA , IMBA and all cooperation programs with foreign universities or institution). For more information, please consult http://www.sie.sjtu.edu.cn
- Application Procedure:
Submit the following application documents for scholarship by post or in person by application deadline:
- Applicants should visit the website (http://laihua.csc.edu.cn) to complete the application form of Chinese Government Scholarship online, print and sign it with photo in duplicate, attaching all the supporting documentation listed on page 3 of the Application Form. (Agency No.: 10248)
- Personal Statement. The content should include application reason, family financial condition, education and work experience and personal award and strong points etc. At least 1500 words in Chinese or English;
- A copy of Physical Examination Record for Foreigner can be downloaded from Chinese Government Scholarship Council webpage http://www.csc.edu.cn/uploads/foreinphy1.pdf and should be printed and signed by hospital and doctor.
- Please provide a valid email address in the application form for good contact.
- The application materials will not be returned.
- Approval Process:
- The application materials will be assessed by the Committee of Shanghai Jiao Tong University for International Students Scholarship. Shanghai Jiao Tong University will report the results to the Chinese Government Scholarship Council for approval.
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Forms (JW201) to the admitted applicants right after the results are approved by the Chinese Government Scholarship Council.
- Scholarship recipients must register to Shanghai Jiao Tong University on the date stipulated by the university. Students who have not received permission and arrive late for this process will have their Scholarship status automatically cancelled.
- Foreign Students who have received scholarship should participate in annual scholarship evaluation. Scholarship holders who fail to meet the requirements will have their scholarship cancelled.
- School of International Education of Shanghai Jiao Tong University reserves the final right of interpretation of these detailed implementation regulations.
Peking University is a compreh...
Tsinghua University was establ...
Introduction: Since it was est...
Fudan University was founded i...
ZJU is a key comprehensive uni...